Warner Transportation Consulting, Inc. specializes in transportation demand forecasting, transportation policy and planning, and transit operations and management. Technical purity, user practicality, and excellent value are hallmarks of the firm.
Marc G. Warner, Ph.D. leads the firm and brings over 25 years of transportation experience and education to his consulting practice. He has researched and managed a broad spectrum of transportation studies, from quick analyses of alternative transit alignments, to year-long investigations as part of federal research.
Prior to receiving his doctorate in transportation systems from MIT and then starting his own firm in 1992, Mr. Warner worked for New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and for Booz-Allen & Hamilton's Transportation Consulting Division.
Transit Management and Operations
- Labor negotiations and costing of proposed labor contracts
- Fare models
- Title VI compliance studies
- FTA-qualified statistical services for National Transit Database (Sec. 15) reporting
- Analysis of farebox and AVL data
- Transit agency management and operations audits
- Origin-destination and rider attitude studies
- Alternative funding schemes for transit operations and capital programs
- Development and analysis of methods to enhance system ridership
Travel Demand Forecasting
- Regional network models for major highway and transit investments
- Elasticity and logit models for toll, transit fares, or transit amenities studies
- Econometric models for ridership estimates of proposed new transit routes
- Assessment of traffic impacts of proposed developments
- Stated-preference survey design, implementation, and analysis
- Independent critiques of forecasts by other consultants and planners
Transportation Policy Analysis
- Reviews of proposed transportation legislation and master plans for effectiveness, equity, political acceptability, cost, legal impediments, and overall potential for implementation
- Development of local parking standards
- Commuter needs assessments